Did you know there is a quick and easy way for you to help us make the NorthstarMLS database as accurate as possible? On every listing’s Property Full Display, there is a link labeled “Report a problem with this listing.” If you see any problem with a listing, click this link to let the NorthstarMLS Help Desk know about it. We will follow-up with the List Agent/Office to ensure any needed corrections are made. Your report is anonymous and your information will not be shared outside our staff without your permission.
Are you using the Down Payment Resource (DPR) tool that’s available on NorthstarMLS? If not, you’re missing out on a great way to improve your business.
For Twin Cities-based Realtor Jackie Beermann, providing down payment assistance information through DPR has brought great value to her clients and referrals. DPR has given her an extra edge in a challenging market and proven to be a huge time saver. Jackie has more than 25 years experience serving first-time home owners. Since using DPR, Jackie now closes sales with homebuyer assistance nearly twice a month.
Watch Jackie share how Down Payment Resource helps her better serve her clients.
To read more about Jackie’s story, click here.
To get started using DPR, click the icon on any listing in NorthstarMLS (icon displays if a property is potentially eligible for payment assistance programs).
If you always change your display type and count per page after running a search, make a change to your default settings. Go to a search page. At the bottom, change the display and count per page. Then click on the diskette icon just to the right, and on “Set current display and count per page as my starting default.”
Down Payment Resource announced that members can now order personalized DPR yard signs and sign riders to advertise that down payment assistance may be available for their listing. You will have the option to choose sign colors and will also be able to display your name and contact information (phone number and website) on the signs. You will order directly through Farmer Signs, a reputable company that produces high quality work. And, DPR receives no commission on sales.
Sign prices range from $30.00 to $12.50 a piece depending on the dimensions. If you’re interested in acquiring signs for your properties, click here.
Minnesota Business recently announced the results of their inaugural 100 Best Companies to Work For competition which surveyed thousands of employees representing hundreds of companies in Minnesota. NorthstarMLS is proud to have made the list which highlights organizations around the state setting the standard in work environment, benefits, leadership and employee happiness.
We would also like to congratulate Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate, Mattamy Homes and Roger Fazendin REALTORS for making the list.
Read the full article here.
John Mosey, president of NorthstarMLS, recently sat down for an interview with FrogPond.com. Mosey has spent a good portion of his professional career in real estate, logging more than 30 years in the MLS industry as an executive with a major MLS vendor, technology company CEO and President of a leading regional Multiple Listing Service.
In the interview, Mosey shares his thoughts on what the major changes in the real estate industry are today, who is driving those changes, what their impact might be on the industry and more.
FrogPond.com is a source for real estate news and information, as well as a software developer and communications and marketing solutions provider for the real estate industry.
Click here to view Mosey’s full interview with FrogPond.com.
Don’t let your Lake/Waterfront listings get missed in NorthstarMLS and consumer searches!
If you have any Active listings with a Lake/Waterfront Name, please take a moment to check them. If the Lake/Waterfront Name is missing or incorrect, go to the Add/Edit system and make the correction. You will find that the Lake/Waterfront Name is now a drop-down list containing all the Lake/Waterfront Names for the County you’ve selected.
We apologize for any inconvenience during this transition, however in the long run, using standard lake/waterfront names across all listings will improve search accuracy.
If you have any trouble, contact our Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-251-5456 (or toll free at 1-877-251-5455) during business hours M-F, 8:00-5:00.
The new fields announced last week (see March 12 News item in the News box), are now available on NorthstarMLS Matrix and Add/Edit.
Here are the highlights you need to know.
- If you have any Active listings where you have entered a Lake/Waterfront Name, please take a moment to check them. If the Lake/Waterfront Name is missing or incorrect, go to the Add/Edit system and make the correction. You will find that the Lake/Waterfront Name is now a drop-down list containing all the Lake/Waterfront Names for the County you’ve selected. We are in the process of doing an automatic conversion. We are close to complete on all Active listings. Off market listings will be completed over the next few weeks. However, we still recommend you check your Active listings as it is impossible to convert with 100% reliability from the old free-form text field.
- If you have any saved searches or auto-emails that use Lake/Waterfront Name as a search criterion, you need to revise them with the new Lake/Waterfront Name field. Please see our separate Matrix News announcement with instructions.
- Although the new Lake/Waterfront fields are now all available for search in Matrix, please keep in mind that they are new and they are optional, and therefore will be sparsely populated for some time. If you search on them, you will likely miss out on a lot of listings. We recommend that you refer to them simply as extra information on displays/reports for listings where they are filled in.
- The NorthstarMLS Listing Input forms in Instanet and WEBForms will contain the new fields later in the day Thursday.
- Agent and Customer Displays contain the new data fields. PDF Reports do not but will be updated soon.
If you have questions or need help, please contact our Help Desk at 651-251-5456 (or toll free at 1-877-251-5455) during business hours M-F, 8:00-5:00.