Tip of the Week for 8/18
Did you know that you can search for or exclude specific construction types? This is particularly helpful for finding new construction or opportunities to build from scratch. The Construction Type field is available on the Detail search, or you can add it to the General search.
Below are definitions for each value. Even if you don’t search on this field, it’s helpful to check it on listings for which your clients are interested. You don’t want to waste time trying to schedule a showing on a To-Be-Built!
- Previously Owned: The residence is currently or was previously occupied as a dwelling.
- Completed New Construction: The residence is ready for occupation but has not yet been occupied.
- Under Construction/Spec Home: Construction on the residence has begun but is not yet completed.
- To-Be-Built/Floor Plan: A drawing or blueprint of a residence that may be purchased and constructed.
- Model: A residence constructed as part of a sales campaign to demonstrate design, structure and appearance of a development.
Thanks to Jenna Potter of Oak Realty (Annandale) for submitting her Tip of the Week on ‘new construction types’. Jenna will receive a $30 Caribou Coffee gift card for her submission!
Submit Your Own Tip! Do you have a question that you would like to see featured a Tip of the Week? Or maybe you have your own tip you would like to share with other NorthstarMLS users. Send your question or idea to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use one submission each month and the winner will receive a $30 Caribou Coffee gift card!
Tips On Demand Want to check out older Tip of the Week topics? Click here to view an archive of previous Tip of the Week entries.