NorthstarMLS has added several commonly requested data fields to the MLS.
Contingency: We have added two new options within the Contingency field—With Bump Clause and Without Bump Clause. These two options are available only for listings located in the State of Wisconsin. According to the Wisconsin Realtors Association, a bump clause essentially permits a seller who has found another buyer with a better offer to “bump” the first buyer out of the transaction if the first buyer cannot meet the requirements stated in the offer. For information about bump clauses, see pages 19-20 of this document on the WRA website.
Co-Selling Agent and Office: You may now indicate a co-selling agent and office on a sale. The List Office may enter these when the property is set to Pending status. These fields are optional.
Garage Dimensions: Previously you had to enter the Garage as an “Extra Room” if you wanted to indicate the dimensions. Now it has its own field. Start with the front of the garage and measure clockwise around. This field is optional.
PID #2 and PID #3: When you have a listing with more than one PID number, you can now enter up to three of them in their own fields. For example a land listing with more than one PID or a condo with a separate PID for its garage stall.
These fields are available now in the Add/Edit system. They are also available in Matrix for search and on the NorthstarMLS listing input forms in Matrix. They will be available on the Matrix displays and reports by the end of the day (Wednesday).
NorthstarMLS has added a new field to Add/Edit—Lockbox # (GLAR users only). It is located at the end of the “Listing” section.
If you are not a member of the Greater Lakes Association of Realtors, and you use Supra lockboxes, please ignore this new field.
are a Greater Lakes Association of Realtors member and use Sentrilock lockboxes, this field is for you.
When entering a new listing, please enter the Sentrilock Lockbox serial number that will be used on this listing. This will accomplish two things:
- Allow Sentrilock to connect the lockbox serial number to the address and agent in the Sentrilock system.
- Facilitate an important reporting and auditing process for your Association.
PLEASE NOTE: The lockbox number you enter will show only in Add/Edit. It will not appear on Matrix or any other NorthstarMLS system or data feed except:
- A data feed direct to Sentrilock for connecting the lockbox.
- Data to the Greater Lakes Association for reports.
NorthstarMLS has revised the definition of what are considered Manufactured Homes on NorthstarMLS. For a complete definition, please refer to this document available on NorthstarMLS.com in Resources>Training Library>Add/Edit.
Although many manufactured homes do have a HUD ID#, some do not. The presence of a HUD ID# is no longer required in order for it to be considered a manufactured home on NorthstarMLS. Key elements of the definition include:
- Primary, original structure built entirely in the factory and constructed to HUD codes.
- Does not include modular homes built to local codes.
- Built on a non-removable steel chassis (should be visible underneath).
- Transported to the building site on their own wheels (may or may not be removed upon installation). Multi-part manufactured units (such as with double-wide) joined at their destination.
- Must be permanently attached to the land.
If you have any listings that meet this definition, please ensure the “Manufactured Home” field reflects “Yes” regardless of the presence of a HUD ID tag.