We are very pleased to announce that the West Central Association of Realtors (WCAR) is merging its MLS operations with NorthstarMLS. All WCAR members (approximately 400) will use NorthstarMLS as their primary MLS. Based in Willmar, WCAR serves real estate professionals, and includes listings, throughout west central and southern Minnesota.
As with the upcoming NorthstarMLS and SEMR MLS Operations merger, members and subscribers of both organizations will see many benefits.
- Agents and appraisers (and their clients) will have access to all listings in our combined region, including offers of cooperation and compensation.
- Brokers, agents and appraisers belonging to two Associations to access both WCAR and NorthstarMLS listings will now be able to access all listings through a single Association membership, saving costs and eliminating the overhead of double listing input into two systems.
- New MLS data fields and enhanced existing fields to accommodate greater Minnesota needs and benefiting all NorthstarMLS users.
- Greater cooperation between brokers and agents across the State, directly benefiting buyers and sellers.
- Another positive example to all Associations in the State of how well greater collaboration between MLS’s benefits all brokers and agents, whether through participation in the Regional, or simply operating from a common data platform.
We are targeting mid to late January to complete the conversion of all WCAR members and their listings from their current MLS to NorthstarMLS. Watch for more details as we combine to make our markets work better!