We are very pleased to announce that the Southeast Minnesota Realtors (SEMR) is merging its MLS operations with NorthstarMLS and becoming a shareholder. All SEMR members (approximately 1,000) will use NorthstarMLS as their primary MLS. Above is a picture of yesterday’s official document signing (click here for more pics). From left: John Mosey, President & CEO, NorthstarMLS; Man Huynh, Board President, St. Paul Area Association of Realtors; Jay Jewson, Board President, Southeast Minnesota Realtors; and Kath Hammerseng, Board President, Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors.
- Agents and appraisers (and their clients) will have access to all listings in our combined region, including offers of cooperation and compensation.
- Brokers, agents and appraisers belonging to two Associations to access both SEMR and NorthstarMLS listings will now be able to access all listings through a single Association membership, saving costs and eliminating double listing input into two systems.
- New MLS data fields and enhanced existing fields to accommodate greater Minnesota needs and benefiting all NorthstarMLS users.
- Greater cooperation between brokers and agents across the State, directly benefiting buyers and sellers.
- A positive example to all Associations in the State of how well greater collaboration between MLS’s benefits all brokers and agents, whether through participation in the Regional, or simply operating from a common data platform.
Additionally, SEMR has been approved as a shareholder Association by our current shareholders, the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors and the Saint Paul Area Association of Realtors. As a shareholder, SEMR will have a seat on our Board of Directors.
We are targeting mid-November to complete the conversion of all SEMR members and their listings from their current MLS to NorthstarMLS. Watch for more details as we combine to make our markets work better!