Tip of the Week – Don’t Forget About Photo Captions!
Are you including photo captions with your listing photos on NorthstarMLS Matrix? Captions can be added to each photo that you upload and can help make your listing photos more enticing. Quality captions enhance the details of each photo and can effectively provide more information about the property that buyers might otherwise miss.
Currently, over 65% of listing photos for active single family homes on NorthstarMLS do not have a photo caption.
Photo captions appear in NorthstarMLS Matrix reports that agents provide to their clients, and are also sent to broker reciprocity websites. Consider adding photo captions to your next batch of listing photos, or update your current listing photos that aren’t using captions today!
To add [or edit] captions to your listing photos:
- Go to Add/Edit and find the listing you wish to add photo captions to
- Click on the ‘Add/Edit Media’ link (near top right of page) and a pop-up window will appear with each of your previously uploaded listing photos for the selected property
- Click on ‘Add Caption’ and a text box appears where you can type in your photo caption, up to 250 characters
- Once you’re done typing the caption, click ‘Save’
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each photo
- Click ‘Save and Close’ on the pop up once you’re finished adding the photo captions
ICYMI: You can now upload 24 photos per listing with improved photo resolution.
Submit Your Own Tip! Do you have a question that you would like to see featured a Tip of the Week? Or maybe you have your own tip you would like to share with other NorthstarMLS users. Send your question or idea to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use one submission each month and the winner will receive a $30 Caribou Coffee gift card!
Want to check out older Tip of the Week topics? Click here to view an archive of previous Tip of the Week entries.