Last quarter, the NorthstarMLS Rules and Regs department issued over 320 notices for listings with a photo missing – the most since Q2 of 2014. It’s a NorthstarMLS rule that a property photo must be uploaded within two business days of entering a listing. This goes for all property types except Lots and Land and properties listed with a status of Under Construction.
Ideally, a photo will be added at the time of the entry of the listing, but NorthstarMLS rules allow two business days in the event that is not possible.
It’s no secret that photos will greatly enhance the value of a listing to buyers and other agents. Often, a decision on whether to set up a showing is dependent on the property photos a potential buyer first looks at when house hunting.
Also, the nearly 5,000 broker and agent websites displaying the listing data are depending on the photo to make their site appear more professional and complete.
Other Reminders About Your Listing Photos:
- No text (regardless of message) allowed. Use photo captions for messages and photo descriptions.
- Unless you have permission from another MLS subscriber, don’t copy listing photos for your own use
- The photo may not be digitally altered (“Photoshopped”) to the point it no longer accurately reflects the property
- No broker/agent/builder signs, banners, marketing or any other type of promotional material is allowed in the photo.
- ICYMI: You can now upload 24 photos per listing with improved photo resolution.