Tip of the Week for 11/16
Tip of the Week – Agent License Number
With recent TRID requirements, you’ll likely need to occasionally look up another agent’s license number. NorthstarMLS and its shareholder Associations do not have a license number database that we can ensure is accurate. Your best bet is to use State online resources: the Minnesota Department of Commerce’s Pulse Portal, or the Wisconsin Credential/License Search. Click here to see a printable PDF with instructions. We have also outlined the steps for you below.
MDC Pulse Portal
1. Go to www.pulseportal.com
2. Choose Program: Minnesota Department of Commerce
3. Choose Board: Real Estate
4. Click on search Licensees
5. Put in Last and First Name, Click Next to run the search
Wisconsin Credential/License Search
1. Go to: https://app.wi.gov/licensesearch
2. Click on Health/Business Individual/Credential
3. Put in last and first name of agent you are searching for
4. Click the Search button to run the search (Note: Agent and broker searches are separate, so if you can’t find the name of the person under agent, try broker.)
Submit Your Own Tip! Do you have a question that you would like to see featured a Tip of the Week? Or maybe you have your own tip you would like to share with other NorthstarMLS users. Send your question or idea to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use one submission each month and the winner will receive a $30 Caribou Coffee gift card!
Tips On Demand Want to check out older Tip of the Week topics? Click here to view an archive of previous Tip of the Week entries.