New Fields Now Available!
The new fields announced last week (see March 12 News item in the News box), are now available on NorthstarMLS Matrix and Add/Edit.
Here are the highlights you need to know.
- If you have any Active listings where you have entered a Lake/Waterfront Name, please take a moment to check them. If the Lake/Waterfront Name is missing or incorrect, go to the Add/Edit system and make the correction. You will find that the Lake/Waterfront Name is now a drop-down list containing all the Lake/Waterfront Names for the County you’ve selected. We are in the process of doing an automatic conversion. We are close to complete on all Active listings. Off market listings will be completed over the next few weeks. However, we still recommend you check your Active listings as it is impossible to convert with 100% reliability from the old free-form text field.
- If you have any saved searches or auto-emails that use Lake/Waterfront Name as a search criterion, you need to revise them with the new Lake/Waterfront Name field. Please see our separate Matrix News announcement with instructions.
- Although the new Lake/Waterfront fields are now all available for search in Matrix, please keep in mind that they are new and they are optional, and therefore will be sparsely populated for some time. If you search on them, you will likely miss out on a lot of listings. We recommend that you refer to them simply as extra information on displays/reports for listings where they are filled in.
- The NorthstarMLS Listing Input forms in Instanet and WEBForms will contain the new fields later in the day Thursday.
- Agent and Customer Displays contain the new data fields. PDF Reports do not but will be updated soon.
If you have questions or need help, please contact our Help Desk at 651-251-5456 (or toll free at 1-877-251-5455) during business hours M-F, 8:00-5:00.